Year of Fire Rooster

By Helene Lydia - January 28, 2017

Hi everyone! I am so sorry for the long hiatus from the blog. I am now back to my home-country after my exchange period in HK ended and currently enjoying my lazy days before university starts again. Here in my hometown, I found it is hard for me to find things to be blogged because I am not as active as when I was in HK to explore the city. Let's give me some time to find the motivation and ideas about what to write in this journal!☺️

By the way, today is January 28th and it is Chinese New Year! Happy Chinese New Year to all of you who celebrate it! In this year of fire Rooster, I wish all of us a prosperous year ahead. May we receive abundant joys, blessings, healthiness and wealthiness!
HKBU CNY e-card with me in it :) get it here http://www.hkbu.edu.hk/HKBU-CNY
I really love CNY as it is that time of the year when all the family members can meet up. Every year, my big family will gather to have a big dinner together on CNY eve. Some restaurants offer CNY banquets, but (as I remember) we always do it in one of our relatives' house. We can cook some food and order some from the restaurant. It is really nice to have the gathering in our own place as we can be more relax without the complicated dress-code (and eating attitude!), so we can enjoy the night eating and talking! Another thing that I love from CNY is the hong-bao distribution from the grandparents, uncles aunties and parents. CNY without hong-bao is not complete😏

Here are some pictures from our CNY dinner that we had last night. The family member was not complete because my uncle and cousin need to go outside the city last night to attend some event. Nevertheless, it was a lovely CNY dinner with people I love. Hope you have a great CNY celebration with your loved ones! xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments