HALUU World: An Instagrammable Exhibition

By Helene Lydia - January 19, 2019

Hi everyone! I know I promised to write about my Japan trip, but I decided that this post can’t wait since there is only 2 months left if you want to visit the newest exhibition in Jakarta. Say hello to the so called An Instagrammable Exhibition, HALUU World!
Launched on 15 December 2018, HALUU World answering the needs of millennials: maintaining their aesthetic instagram feed lol. Following the tagline, this exhibition is dedicated mainly to take pictures for your Instagram feed. They have 13 rooms designed in different concepts that ready to be shot for your upcoming weeks upload pictures stock!

I went there on the 4th weekend after their opening and was prepared to join the long queue (because I heard in the previous weeks the animo were crazy). At first, I was beyond happy to see almost no queue to buy the ticket (yeah, we need to pay before we can go crazy slaying our coolest pose). However, once we proceed further to the entrance, my doubt turned to reality. The queue to enter the venue for on-the-spot ticket holder was very long. My friends and I spent around 1 hour standing and waiting.

So below are some pictures we managed to snap inside HALUU World. Most of the spots were super pretty we took so many snaps, but some didn't work for us. I think we skipped two or three spots because we can't imagine what kind of pose we can do in the set or the space to take picture was too narrow. Nevertheless, we enjoyed the whole experience and spent 1.5 hours inside!
Unfortunately, many of the photo props are no longer in the initial condition as per the official pictures in their website (on of the example is the 'yellow cactus' in picture above). Not sure whether the visitors were too wild in using the properties, but I think a retouch to the photo spots is necessary since they still have 2 months of exhibition. No visitor wants to take picture with broken properties right?
One billion dollar question
Some tips for your visit:
- Do your research on what kind of poses you want to do in every set. People will be looking at you so you will want to be quick in taking pictures.
- Buy the ticket in advance (via their ticketing partner application), since the online-ticket holder is prioritized and has separate line.
- Wear slip on shoes: many spots require us to take off the shoes.
- Bring wide lenses camera, the space to take picture in some spots are quite narrow.
The last spot exhibiting Indonesia's most favorite instant noodle, Indomie!
So those are my experiences and some tips about HALUU World that I can share with you! Hope this information is useful and I'll see you in my next post :) xx

Haluu World
Entrance fee Rp 121k (weekend)
15 Dec 2018 - 3 March 2019
Plaza Indonesia Level 5
Jl. M.H. Thamrin No.Kav. 28-30
Central Jakarta, 10350
Instagram: @haluuworld

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments