Power of Distance

By Helene Lydia - February 27, 2024

Distance is powerful.

It’s liberating.
And it’s suffocating.

It helps me to filter my circle.
And it filters me out from the circles.

It allows me to showcase the beauty through colourful stained glass.
And it keeps the secrets only I could see through my magnifying glass.


Distance empowered me and incapacitated me.

It was there when I discovered freedom.
It was there when I craved for intimacy.

It was there when I found versions of myself.
It was there when I lost people surround me.

It was there when I found the way to love my life.
Of course it was also there when I lost the loves of my life.


At the end of the day, I could never blame distance.

It was so cruel, it pushed me to outgrow myself.
It was so tangible, it woke me up to reality.
It was so kind, it forced me to cherish proximity.

Before either distance or proximity mean nothing.


Rest in Peace my beloved Anet
21.09.1994 - 24.02.2024

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments