SUB - HKG

By Helene Lydia - September 10, 2016

My flight to Hong Kong from Surabaya, Indonesia, should've been on 29 August 2016. However as I need to finish and submit my internship report, and as the progress of clothes packing was nil, my mom and I decided to change the date in the last minute. We postponed it to 30 August.

I woke up on 30 August morning and got prepare quite fast to catch my 8:30 AM flight. I re-checked my wine-colored luggage and red handbag to ensure all important things were there. Passport, checked. Ticket, checked. Wallet, checked. Mobile phone, checked. All set, and I left my house with my parents as my bf came to fetch me.

Once I arrived at the airport, I directly headed to the counter to check in my luggage. As one of the airplane that has direct flight to Hong Kong, the queue of Cathay Pacific's counter that morning was quite long. After approx. 15 mins, it was my turn to be served. The counter-staff kindly addressed me and apologized for the long queue. She printed my boarding pass and returned it with my passport to me. Before I left, she apologized for the second time. What a cute staff.

I went out from the check-in counters area to meet my parents. It turned out that my friends cameeee to send me (T^T) What a lovely bunch of friends. Sacrificing their precious alarm-snooze in the morning and coming all the way to the airport. Thanks a lot, amigos!

Precious bunch of people :*
The one and only Claresta, who came late and missed the group photo ;)
Le bf, gonna miss you! xx
After a while, it was the time for me to get to the boarding room. I waved my goodbye to friends and family and made my way to the immigration. The immigration was empty, but the boarding room was fully equipped. When the staff asked us to board to the plane, I prefer to stay still and wait until the last batch to get to the plane. The queue was very long (due to the cabin check I guess) and I prefer to sit comfortably and call my grandma.

When it was not that crowded anymore, I stand and start to queue. Done with the cabin check, I submit my passport and economy-class boarding pass to the staff. They did the procedure (scan, check etc) but then they tore my boarding pass. What the..?! I was shock to see that, but even shocker when they gave me another new boarding pass and said:
"Miss, you've been upgraded to the business class."
What? Biz class? Wow. I was wondering why. Once I got to my seat I called my mom and she was shocked as well. HA! I felt like Anastasia Steel in the Fifty Shades of Grey! Perhaps Mr. Grey did the upgrade to me? ;)

It was my very first experience to fly in biz-class. IMHO, it was not bad at all! The seat was waaaay better than the economy one and it got the spacious room for your leg. Now I know why some people prefer to pay more to treat themselves in the business-class flight. The highlight of my flight was the food. It was A LOT of food. Ranging from the refreshment, appetizer and main course. What a pleasure.

The menu
Indulging myself.
Btw the movie I watched was Chongqing Hot Pot, not bad.
I tried to sleep in the last 1 hour of the flight but it was not a successful attempt. The nervous feeling started to consume me as the plane approaching Hong Kong Airport. Oh why...

Will I survive there? Will I able to make friend? Will I able to blend in?

And those questions keep on hanging in my head as the wheel of the plane landed smoothly on the land of Hong Kong. Welcome to Hong Kong, Helene.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments