Korea Festival 2018: Help Me To Win a Trip To Korea!

By Helene Lydia - March 11, 2018

Surabaya was always crowded with traffic jam here and there. However last weekend, the crowd in the central Surabaya was unusual; especially near Tunjungan Plaza Surabaya, one of the top malls in Surabaya. Why why why?
Because there was Korea Festival 2018 managed by Korea Tourism Organization Jakarta (KTO Jakarta)!

After being held in Jakarta for 7 consecutive years since 2011, KTO Jakarta choose to bring the joy closer for Surabaya's citizens this year from March 2-4, 2018. The 3 days event not only splurge audiences with many performances and shows related to Korean culture such as K-Pop cover dance, make up demonstration, Buchaechum, and K-pop Dance Class, many information about Korea travel destination, beauty, food, and style also being provided from quite number of different booths. 
I was invited to the opening ceremony in the first day of the event. Once I step my feet on the venue, I was welcomed by the Spring ambiance all over the places. The stage and booths were dominated with pink and cherry blossom ornaments that approaching Korea soon. Some of the staff also wore pink T-shirt that I wish I could take home with me :)
Without the need to wait longer, the venue quickly filled by visitors and media anticipating for the opening ceremony. The opening ceremony was started with press conference by the representative from Public Relation KTO Jakarta, Irma Maulida, continued with Q&A session with the Director of KTO Jakarta, Mr. Andrew, and proceed with some opening speeches from line up of honorable figures. The opening ceremony was wrapped up with ribbon cutting ceremony and the event was officially started!
From all the captivating shows and booths, I have my personal favorites from the Korea Festival 2018. The first one is the Nanta Show. The Nanta show was performed by 5 energetic performers, flying all the way from Korea to Indonesia, to show their skill with kitchen utensils such as knife, bowl and whisk to make dynamic melody. Just like the Nanta Show that I watch while in Seoul, the non-verbal show was really funny and entertaining!
My another favorite was definitely the hanbok trying experience booth brought by Hanboknam. The kind unnie in the booth helped everyone to put on the Korean hanbok and let us wander a lil bit to take picture with the pretty dress. I was excited to try on the hanbok, because the style was different from the one that I wear during my time in Korea. Which one do you think suit me better? :)
By the way guys, I have an exciting news for you all!
I was chosen as one of 25 WOW Korea Supporters 2018 by the KTO Jakarta!
Hip hip hooray! 🎉🎉
With the other WKS from Surabaya and the representative from KTO
WOW Korea Supporters are 25 selected bloggers who have big interest in Korean tourism or culture. We all given the mission to promote Korea tourism by sharing information related to Korea tourism. By the end of the year, there will be one supporter that have the opportunity to win a trip to Korea, and that could be me!


So, please please please guys, you can help me to be that one lucky girl!

In the upcoming months, I'll be sharing blogpost or Instagram post related to Korea tourism that you can refer to for your upcoming holiday to Korea. Once you've done reading it, will need your kind support to like and share my post to your friends, family or even your neighbour :) just by doing so, you've helped me to earn my boarding pass to Korea little by little ;)

I am so excited for this challenge! Thank you so much for your help! Please anticipate for my upcoming blogpost!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments